And a Great Natural Skin Whitening Cream that Works
Skin whitening cream can be expensive and some may choose to make their own creams at home.
However, sometimes it’s worth the money for a quality natural skin whitening cream. I think it’s better in the long run because it works really well, is good for your skin, and isn’t messy like many of the homemade skin whitening cream recipes.
You get what you pay for and this is true with skin whitening creams as well. Quality natural ingredients are worth the money because your skin is worth it.
Homemade Skin Whitening Cream Ingredients
Homemade cream recipes contain common everyday ingredients that can be bought at your local grocery store. Some of the common skin whitening cream ingredients are as follows:
- Turmeric: One of the most popular ingredients that work is turmeric and other ingredients because they have been shown to be widely effective in whitening dark spots, freckles and skin pigmentation. Try out my turmeric recipe below
- Lemon Juice: The citric acid and vitamin C help exfoliate and lighten the skin.
- Chamomile: Anti-inflammatory and lightening properties
- Oatmeal: Lightening and exfoliating properties
- Tomato Juice: Acid and vitamin C
Do These Homemade Recipes Work?
There are people who have had results with these skin whitening cream homemade ingredients. These recipes can be used all over the body and are safe for your face as well as can be left on the skin for long periods of time.
However, these ingredients and recipes can be messy and inconvenient to prepare. Also they don’t work well on more severe cases of skin discoloration.
Easy Whitening Cream Recipe
Although this one can be a little messy, it is one of the top safe homemade recipes available that has good results. This easy to make skin whitening cream is listed below.
Its main ingredient is turmeric, which has been used for centuries in India and other parts of Asia for its skin lightening and skin refining properties.
- Turmeric Powder
- Natural oil (olive, avocado, coconut)
Whitening Cream 1: Take 1 teaspoon of turmeric and combine it with 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice and make a paste. Apply this paste to the face or other areas that need correcting. Leave the paste on for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with plain water. Do not use soap or the turmeric won’t be as effective.
Whitening Cream 2: Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric with 3 tablespoons of natural oil. Apply this mixture to any areas that need corrected. This turmeric and oil mixture can be left on overnight.
Turmeric can be pretty messy and stain clothes, so be careful when using it. When using this whitening cream you can cover the area with old clothes or gauze to prevent the mixture from getting everywhere.
Turmeric can be bought cheaply in bulk from ethnic stores and many bulk type stores.
- Gediya, S. K., Mistry, R. B., Patel, U. K., Blessy, M., & Jain, H. N. (2011). Herbal Plants: Used as a cosmetics. J. Nat. Prod. Plant Resour, 1(1), 24-32. link
- Fowler Jr, J. F., Woolery-Lloyd, H., Waldorf, H., & Saini, R. (2010). Innovations in natural ingredients and their use in skin care. Journal of drugs in dermatology: JDD, 9(6 Suppl), S72-81. link
- Khajehdehi, P. (2012). Turmeric: Reemerging of a neglected Asian traditional remedy. Journal of nephropathology, 1(1), 17. link
Published on July 27, 2012 | Written by Anna R. | Last updated on December 6, 2014